Every church needs to have a purpose statement that answers the question, “why do we exist?” At Rez, we filter every idea, program, and budget request through our purpose statement. If what we plan doesn’t help us meet our purpose, then we don’t do it.
Our purpose at Rez is summarized in a single statement:
- “Rez.Church exists to raise up life-giving followers of Jesus who touch their world with God’s love.”
Our statement of purpose is based on God’s original promise to a people, and two teachings of Jesus:
- “Say, therefore, to the sons of Israel, ‘ I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from their bondage. I will also redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. Then I will take you for My people, and I will be your God…” (Exodus 6:6-7)
- Jesus replied: ” ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart…soul…and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:36-40)
- He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe…” Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it. (Mark 16:15-20)
- To worship God with sincere expression.
- To share the Good News of Jesus with others.
- To connect with other believers in meaningful relationships.
- To prepare disciples to fulfill their purpose.
- To encourage leaders in their God-given destiny.
To learn more about our purpose as a church and about how your gifts and calling fit into that purpose, attend Growth Track.