Save the Date
July 14th, 2018
What is SERVE DAY?
Serve Day is an annual international outreach event. It is an opportunity to bless and be blessed through serving the various communities represented at Rez – on the same day. Our goal is to send over 100 groups from Rez into our respective communities to show the love of Christ in real and tangible ways. It starts with every small group choosing a project of their own, contacting the person or agency who will benefit from the project, and taking care of the logistics to make it happen on July 14, 2018.
Don’t wait until July 14th! Start serving your community with a Small Group now!
What if you’re not part of a small group?
- Most small groups are open to new members. Our Small Group Directory can help you find a group that fits your interest, location and time preference.
Learn more about small groups here.
- We also have a Community Serve Team that serves throughout the year. Click here to receive emails regarding upcoming serve opportunites or contact Pastor Ben at email@example.com for more information.
Need project ideas?
- No problem. Check out our list of ideas for ways to get your group involved.
How do I plan a Serve project?
- Pray for God’s direction and get creative! Assess people and their needs in your neighborhood and around your community. Use the list of ideas to get your creative juices flowing. Firefighters, police officers, school resource officers, nursing homes or assisted living homes, and local business owners are all great people to contact to find a way to serve. Spend time determining the scope of your project and plan work based on your group size and commitment level.
- Once a choice is made, contact the person or agency you wish to serve and explain the desire of your group to serve them. Make sure the day and type of service will work on their calendar.
- Begin working on the logistics and communicate with your group any materials needed (ask if anyone has connections or is willing to approach businesses who may be willing to donate materials), estimated work hours, what will be provided, what to bring, when/where the group will meet, and anything else that applies to your project.
Who pays the costs associated with our small group’s project (supplies, travel expenses, etc.)?
- Each small group is responsible for supplies and costs associate with their Serve Day project.
What if it rains?
- If you have an outside project, make plans to have an inclement weather option in mind. Some suggestions are visiting a nursing home, serve at a local service organization, or clean classrooms at a local school.
Who can I contact with questions or concerns?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Brendemihl at the church office (970.667.5479).